Monday, December 3, 2007

WAKE UP CALL!

-start blog

Sarah, you being probably my only reader, I purposely waited to post this when I knew that you would read it. Over the weekend I had a terrible wake up call I wish I would not have had. It was Friday night and I decided to be a good brother and agree to spend time with my recently depressed sister. I know that if I had not gone something bad worse could have happened to her. My sister's name is Jill, she 26 years old, being of legal age to drink she often takes advantage of that right, more when she's depressed.

As usual Jill turned to me, here little brother which cares deeply for her despite my objections of her health hazard lifestyle habits. I drove to her house in my car and when I arrived she seemed fine, better than I expected. Surprised with her I agreed to go with her to a club which I never do. She was fine and did not seem depressed at all so I agreed to go with her, Jill drove us in her car.

When we made it into the club we sat at the bar, that's should have been my first clue something was wrong. Soon after I ignored concerns when she ordered a diet coke instead of an alcoholic beverage. That did not last long. We were having a nice time together she even danced with some guy that was also sitting at the bar near us. (he asked her after discovering that I was only her brother and not her boyfriend) As the night continued she ordered a drink, then another, I told her to take it easy, she promised she would but she still continued to order drinks. Drink 5 she was a little buzzed so I told her that we should leave and she agreed but first I excused myself.

When I returned she begged me to stay, and ordered herself another diet coke so I agreed. unknowingly that some possessed my sister to slip something in my drink while I was away.

Let's just say I was fine to drive(or so I thought) and Jill was not so we left after finishing our drinks she agreed to let me drive since I did not drink. As I was driving I got a massive headache and could not concentrate, long story short, I lost control and hit a pole. Jill suffered from whip blash and a broken arm and another surprise I only had neck aches and after being checked out at the hospital I was arrested for being under the influence of drugs. Jill bailed me out Saturday night.

Great! Not only can I can not trust my own sister and I now have this on spotless my record and have to go to court still and to top it all off since Jill's car is now undrivable I have to drive her around from now on in my car until she can get it replaced. After that happens, I am going to go with my gut and not have any contact with Jill for a while.

-end blog

2 comments:

Egoist said...

Hey, Sam, It's me Jose. I read your post and must say that there isn't much I can do to console you about it. I'll leave that to sarah.

Still, staying away from your sister might be the best thing to do, for now. Hang in there, dude.

Of course, by "hang in there", I mean take responsibility for yourself. you seem to be doing that pretty well right now though.

Peace.

Asal392 said...

Sam, I'm so sorry for everything you've been through. I can't believe that your own sister would do that to you, why?

This is over my head and I don't know really what to say. Sadly your blog just gave me extra proof that Jordan needed.

I really hate that you were one of the four. (you'll get it if you read Jordan's blog)

I'll post tomorow and check in on you take care. I'm here for you.