Wednesday, December 5, 2007

HELLLLLLLLLLP!!!!

-start blog

Sarah and Jose, thanks for being there for me at my time of need. I do not know what I am going to do about this whole situation. I have no one to turn to, I am so alone, I have friends but I do not want to bother or get them involved with this particular part of my life. Alone and without anyone I truly trust for advice I had no choice but to turn to my parents for help. As much as I did not want to, I was forced to tell them what had happened. The odd part for me was that I still wanted to protect Jill, so after telling I felt terrible. Sarah..! Jose..! HELLLLLLLLLLP!!!

I still have to find a lawyer for myself, my parents want me to use theirs but I do not think I would be comfortable with him since he knows me and Jill personally, since I was about 5 or 6. I do not want to influence any more negativity towards Jill.

I just still can not understand how could Jill do this to me after all that I have done for her. By the way, remember how her car is not drivable so I thought that I would have to drive her around? Not going to happen after all, as part of the terms of my bail, I am not allowed to drive, my licence was suspended at least until my court date. Get this crazy shit, Jill actually had the audacity to ask if I wanted her to drive me around in my car until I straightened everything out! She is seriously disturbed, not only did I reject her offer, I told she had to find her own around, I would rather take the bus right now than have her around me and as I said previously, I do not want to explain anything to my friends so asking them is out of the question.

What should I do? My life was going great up until now, at least decent. I am worried that this could effect me for the rest of my life, what if everything does not turn out to be as well as I could only hope? I fought all my life to reach this point and now I can almost see everything come crashing down before my very eyes.

-end blog

1 comment:

Egoist said...

help? OK. The first thing critical is to calm down. The absolutely worst thing that can happen to you in life is death, and even that is not too bad, because you'll have no memory of dying after.

Next step, tell your sister to see a psychologist, or you will abandon her. Period. no exceptions. Tough rocks. I understand you love your sister, but if you love her, then you will be responsible for her taking responsible for her own life. and if she doesn't get that, then she doesn't love you back. You'll have no choice.

Set a deadline, and make sure she follows through. if not, cut off all contact. period.

Next order of business: Call the judge you have been assigned to, well ahead of the court date. be polite and respectful, and ask him or her an intelligent, clarifying question on your court matters. Something like this:

Sorry to bother you like this, your honor. This is the first court date i have had in a long time, and I am unsure of the procedures that go along with it. could you please explain to me how these things work? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Not only will you gain valuable information that will help you manuaver in the courtroom, the judge will see you as an intelligent, well meaning person, instead of a number.

Continue to check up on your sister on how her psychologist is doing. Be encouraging and apply gentle pressure on her to fulfill her assignments, but don't force her to do it.

Get a decent lawyer, and be a SAINT until the court date. No parking tickets, running red lights, speeding, NOTHING THAT WILL GET YOU IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW. You are going to feel pressure on the day of court, but resist the urge to drink. you need to show up stone cold sober.

Do not dress in a suit, or any name brands. Nothing that will make you appear rich or bubbly. No jeans or t-shirts either.

Shave, get plenty of rest, stay healthy, and DO YOUR RESEARCH WHEN CHECKING OUT A LAWYER. Ask to see his court record. Interview him. Make sure HE sees you as a person, instead of a number.

Finally, cross you fingers, explain yourself, and hope for the best. I won't guarantee that you'll come out unscathed. The legal system doesn't give a fuck, and you'll most likely be slapped, at the least, with a fine. The going is going to get tough. believe me.
Still, you're not going to get the death penalty, so count your lucky stars and make the best of it. after all, your sister would be on the track to a better life. youshould be able to make it too.

good luck, sam. and let us know how it works out.